To help determine your overall readiness to transition your course to online delivery, complete the following self-assessment. Use these questions to identify what type of support you need from CLT.
Level of Technical Expertise
- Do I need help to set up my work environments (hardware and software) to teach remotely? (email@example.com, 757-683-3192)
- What additional technical/instructional skills do I need to learn or brush up on for Blackboard (Bb), Zoom, or any other software? (See a list of CLT Workshops)
- What additional pedagogical and facilitation skills do I need to know more about (facilitating an online discussion, engaging students, etc.)? (See a list of CLT Workshops)
- Will I use the CLT Bb template? What changes do I need to make to the template?
Logistical and Administrative Readiness
- How many students will be in my class?
- Who are my students? Use the “Assess your students’ readiness” survey to learn more about your students.
- How will the number/type of students affect my course assignments and activities?
- How will I help my students succeed as online learners (develop self-regulated learning skills, manage their time, etc.)?
- How will I build in accountability in order to keep my students involved?