About the System:|
This Exam Scheduling and Distribution (ES&D) site is designed to provide distance instructors a web-based step-by-step tool to:
- Schedule proctors for in-class exams
- Electronically distribute exams to the sites
- Instantly notify sites / staff of changes in class plans exams or meeting times
Directions for Use:
- Instructors can upload exam to sites from anywhere they have web access.
- The site distribution page is automatically loaded with number of students at each site.
- Proctor requirements for exam dates are communicated to all site staff.
- Change page allows instructors to easily notify all distance staff of any changes in exams.
- Phase 1 To schedule your exam:
Click the LOG IN button and enter your Midas ID and password. Immediately after the first drop/add date in your course, please enter all of your exam dates for the entire semester. The ES&D web site will be available to you on the day after drop/add. Your exam schedule will be transmitted to your students’ sites, so that the site staff can arrange for proctors. (Please note: all exams must be scheduled no fewer than four business days before your exam. Sites will make every effort to schedule a proctor for exams scheduled less than four business day prior to the exam, but proctors cannot be guaranteed for them.)
- Phase 2 To distribute your exam:
No later than four business days before the exam, log in and:
a) Select the Site Distribution button, click on the course link to activate the auto-filling of site enrollments.
b) Select the Exam Distribution button. Select your exam date and complete the directions for site staff/proctors, then click SEND EXAM button.
- Phase 3 To make any changes:
Exams: Occasionally, a change to the exam schedule is necessary. To change an exam date, go to Exam Change button above, click on the course, and enter the information about the change. The information will be then transmitted to the sites so that they can change their arrangements. NOTE: The four business day guideline applies for non-emergency changes.
Class Meeting Schedule Adjustments: Sometimes, it is necessary to adjust a course meeting schedule because of emergency cancellations, or a change in the meeting mode from classroom to online, or a change in the broadcast-origination location. If your need to change a scheduled class meeting, please use this section as an efficient way to notify the Distance Learning staff (both local and at your students’ sites) about your change in meeting plans, so that they can staff the broadcast classroom, the receive rooms, and the network. (Notifications of changes sent to your students via Blackboard cannot be accessed by anyone other than your students.)
If you need help or have any questions, please contact:
- Teaching Assistants: The Exam Scheduling and Distribution page is set up for use by faculty, and can only be accessed by their Midas ID. If instructors choose to have their Teaching Assistants (TAs) use the site, they must send the TA’s name and MIDAS ID (no UINs please) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that there can only be one entrant into the system; if the MIDAS ID is changed to the TA’s ID, the TA is the only one who can access the site and upload exams.
- A special note about video streaming students not assigned to an ODU site: These students are responsible for securing a proctor and registering that proctor with Distance Learning office by the end of the first week of class.
EXAM SCHEDULES & PROCTORS: Anita Wiggins-Bailey, email@example.com, 757.683.3163
EXAM DISTRIBUTION: Harry Boucicaut, firstname.lastname@example.org, 757.683.6093
GENERAL QUESTIONS: Susan Boze, email@example.com, 757-683-3172
Please note that we have updated our system to utilize ODU's MIDAS Identification system.
The Exam Scheduling & Distribution web page will open on May 23rd for scheduling exams.