|Description: || |
Adobe Connect is an online meeting tool that allows faculty and students to engage in synchronous collaboration using text, audio, and video. Participants in online meetings can also share applications and a whiteboard during the meeting. This is a two-part series that must be taken in sequence. In Session I, BASICS, participants will learn the basic information needed to use the online meeting interface and discuss commonly used teaching strategies. In Session II, BEYOND THE BASICS, participants will explore and practice using other features and tools as they relate to content presentation, student presentation, collaboration, document sharing, small group work, recordings, and more. PLEASE NOTE: Part I BASICS is a prerequisite for Part 2 BEYOND THE BASICS.
|Objectives: || |
At the conclusion of the BASICS workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify common uses of Adobe Connect;
- Configure a meeting space;
- Practice commonly used tool features;
- Identify student preparation requirements for using Adobe Connect prior to first class meeting.
At the conclusion of the BEYOND THE BASICS workshop, participants will be able to:
- Share applications for collaborative activities;
- Utilize the record features;
- Utilize polling;
- Utilize breakout meetings; and
- Manage pods and layouts.